Last modified: October, 20 2020
Launch, Inc. (“Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) maintains certain personal data or information about its clients and its clients’ event attendees as part of its business purposes and objectives. The Company also operates the https://launchinc.com/ website (our “Website”). This policy describes the types of information we may collect or that may be provided to us through our business partners, clients, vendors, or when you visit the Website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- From our business partners, vendors, or clients, including through event registration platforms used by us or our clients.
- On our Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages or exchanges.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Other websites operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from event registration platforms, or on the Website.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), enforceable as of May 25, 2018, imposes additional requirements upon companies to strengthen the security around and enhance the protection of personal data of EU residents. As a provider of services, we may receive, process or store certain information, including personal information, on behalf of our clients and event hosts. All such information (“Customer Data”) is owned and controlled by our clients and event hosts, who are the data controllers for such information with respect to EU data protection law. Customer Data may include information from event registration platforms and other systems, tools or devices that clients or event hosts manage or monitor using our services, and end user data related to individuals’ activities on other networks and systems. It may also include event logs, end user information (such as IP address, email address and computer name), and other data where relevant to a support or service request. The Company is a data processor for Customer Data. This means that the Company processes Customer Data on the basis of instructions from our clients and event hosts. If the Company receives a data subject request, it may point you in the direction of its client and/or event host, as the event host is the controller of the Customer Data.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of Customer Data information, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as shirt size, dietary preferences and/or restrictions, or other information related to your event registration as requested by the host of the event;
- That may be associated with you, including information related to your guest attendees;
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From third parties, including our business partners, vendors, or clients.
- From event registration platforms.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically through our Website may include usage details, IP addresses, information collected through cookies, or similar tracking technologies.
- Automatically through beacons as requested and disclosed by the host of your event, if you choose to participate. Information collected automatically through beacons may include proximity-based location.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The Customer Data information we collect on or through our Website or by other means, including registration platforms, may include:
- Information that you provide for purposes of attending an event, including personal information provided through an event registration platform or third party websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering for a conference or to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website, service, event registration platform, or otherwise contact us.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions, including financial transactions, you carry out through our services, event registration platforms, Website, or as part of the fulfillment of your attendance requests/orders onsite at an event location or through our services, including event registration platforms.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and services and attend events, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- When requested and disclosed to you by your event host, your proximate location while attending an event (e.g., latitude/longitude coordinates or proximity to any beacons and the time of day).
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type when you visit our Website.
The information we collect automatically through our Website does not include personal information, but we may associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Information collected relative to your visits to our Website helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Beacon trackers. A beacon tracker is a small device that transmits a signal that other devices read when in proximity of the device. You may refuse to accept the beacon tracker by contacting the host of your event or refusing the beacon tracker at the time of disclosure to you.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information and Customer Data:
- To present our services to you on behalf of the event host, including event registration platforms and for purposes of attending events.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information about relevant events, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our policies, Website or any products or services we offer or provide.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To your event host.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our clients, vendors, contractors, service providers, cloud storage providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- We use the following third-party cloud storage providers to support our business:
- We use the following third-party cloud storage providers to support our business:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Launch, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Launch, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, to facilitate attendance at an event or conference, we may transmit your personal information to third parties who support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce any agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our clients, event hosts or attendees, vendors, business partners, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- You can review and change account information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
- You can make a request to the host of your event.
- Subject to verification, you may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website and services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website, or through a registration platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use the registration platform or provide any information our Website or through any of its features, register on the Website or through a registration platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident, you may have additional rights relating to the collection and processing of your personal information pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). The Company processes personal information on behalf of event organizers and other clients who retain our services and who may be covered businesses pursuant to the CCPA. For additional information or to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please visit the privacy policies of your event host. If the Company receives a consumer request pursuant to the CCPA, it may point you in the direction of its client and/or event host, as the event host is the controller of the personal information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or through any event registration platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. You should only access our services within a secure environment. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
- By email at email@example.com or
- By mail at:
13 Funston Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94129